paddles banned during meet warm ups?

I was told to remove my paddles and bouy today at a swim meet during warm up. 3 swimmers in the lane. I never heard of this rule. I usually never use anything during warm ups. My last meet i was so tight, I decided to do a more involved longer warm up. I was surprised at the rule. :bitching:
Parents
  • from the FINA '14 Worlds site: WARM-UP PROCEDURES Swimmers must enter the pool feet first in a cautious and controlled manner. No diving or backstroke starts will be allowed except in designated sprint lanes. One or more lanes shall be designated as ONE WAY SPRINT lanes during the pre-meet warm-up sessions in the competition pool only. No diving or backstroke starts will be allowed in the warm-up pools. No sprint lanes will be designated in the warm-up pool. Pull-buoys, kick boards, fins, hand paddles and other training aids consider inappropriate are not allowed in the competition pool or warm-up pool, as well as watches and heavy jewelry.
  • from the FINA '14 Worlds site: WARM-UP PROCEDURES Swimmers must enter the pool feet first in a cautious and controlled manner. No diving or backstroke starts will be allowed except in designated sprint lanes. One or more lanes shall be designated as ONE WAY SPRINT lanes during the pre-meet warm-up sessions in the competition pool only. No diving or backstroke starts will be allowed in the warm-up pools. No sprint lanes will be designated in the warm-up pool. Pull-buoys, kick boards, fins, hand paddles and other training aids consider inappropriate are not allowed in the competition pool or warm-up pool, as well as watches and heavy jewelry.
Children
No Data