New to non-recreational swimming; What do I need to know?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello! Hopefully this is the right place to ask this. Obviously most of you are experienced and it's possible that newbies like myself aren't welcome but I haven't gotten that impression... Feel free to correct me. Anyway, I'm a young guy who's looking into joining my town's swim team. I've always had a lot of fun swimming in my free time when the opportunity arises, but only now have I considered doing something more. Before I sign up I feel that it's necessary for me to grasp at least a basic understanding of the fundamentals of competitive swimming. If anyone has some advice on where I should begin research then it would be greatly appreciated if you could share. Thanks much! PS- I'm 6'9" with most of my height in my legs and am curious what style these genetics could benefit most.
Parents
  • Welcome here. Ask away. Would the local Masters team have a "pre team" We do on our team. It is for what you are asking. A start into comp. swimming in a more off race pace arena. They would go thru all the rules & strokes with newbies. Ask around. Some team members might take you in for free coaching. Good luck & have fun!
  • Welcome here. Ask away. Would the local Masters team have a "pre team" We do on our team. It is for what you are asking. A start into comp. swimming in a more off race pace arena. They would go thru all the rules & strokes with newbies. Ask around. Some team members might take you in for free coaching. Good luck & have fun!
Children
No Data