Recommend a watch to use for interval training in pool

Hi, I work out on my own at a pool that does not have a pace clock. I'd like to get a waterproof watch for my swimming practices so that I can work in some interval training. Does anyone use one that they can recommend? I'd something that is simple to use and not too expensive. Are there particular features that you've found very useful during your practices? Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    If you want to use it for interval training, then I second realAlbertan's recommendation of the Tempo Trainer. Nothing beats the Tempo Trainer for convenience and accuracy when it comes to setting intervals. No need to lift your head and look at a clock at all. Just listen for the beep and off you go. Especially convenient if your eyesight isn't good. I use mine in conjunction with a watch (poolmate) with which I can record my times, stroke count, total yardage, etc. Have to say, I wouldn't use a pace clock again even if there was one at the pool I swim at.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    If you want to use it for interval training, then I second realAlbertan's recommendation of the Tempo Trainer. Nothing beats the Tempo Trainer for convenience and accuracy when it comes to setting intervals. No need to lift your head and look at a clock at all. Just listen for the beep and off you go. Especially convenient if your eyesight isn't good. I use mine in conjunction with a watch (poolmate) with which I can record my times, stroke count, total yardage, etc. Have to say, I wouldn't use a pace clock again even if there was one at the pool I swim at.
Children
No Data