On travel looking for Places to swim in Naperville Illinois

Former Member
Former Member
Hi everyone, I am a 45 years old french master swimmer on business travel in West Chicago for 10 days in mid september looking for a place where i could go on my all year long swimming training ... Can anyone help please ? Can't find locations on google ?? Probably i am using bad searching words ... Olympic pool would be great, that's what we got here in Caen, Normandy, and it's so pleasant ! but a 25m pool with lines dedicated to "fast" swimmer woud be fine too To introduce myself as a swimmer, i swim 3 to 4 times a week (3000 m each session), i take part in swimming meetings (races) around 10 times per year (including French Master Championships), and my best times this year was a 29'45 (50 meters freestyle) / 33'61 (50 m buterfly) / 37'11 (50 m backstroke) what was great for me, because it was a 3 secondes better in every stroke that my bests times in 2013 ... In pleasure to hear from a US master swimming in the area, Pascal
  • Hi Pascal, I think we will be able to help you! We have an 8-lane, 25 yard pool with lots of space for visitors, as well as a number of swimmers you'll be able to train with. For more information, check out www.academybullets.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp Our practices are 2500-4000 yards (2200-3500m) per day, and we hold 7-8 practices per week (5-6 mornings and 2 evenings) for an hour each. All practices are held at Marmion Academy in Aurora. If you're working in West Chicago or Naperville, we're probably 5-10 miles (8-15km) from you. I live on the northwest side of Naperville, and the pool is 8 miles/12km from my house. If you have any questions, please send an email to c.colburn@academybullets.com and I'll be happy to help. If you need something closer to you, please let me know and I can try to connect you with the other programs in the area. Hope to see you at the pool! Chris Colburn Head Coach, Academy Bullets Masters
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Hi Chris, Thanks for your answer, and your indications, i am grateful, that's the kind of "solutions" i was looking for, it may be great. I contact you with your personal adress. If anyone traveling to Normandy D-day area is looking for the same kind of indications, fell free to contact me, we got plenty of great pools here (proy14000 at gmail dot com). Pascal
  • If you are still here in the start of Oct, we would like to invite you to one of our practices in Elgin , Il . It would be a pleasure to have you visit our team. We swim at the Centre in downtown elgin, not far from where you are staying. I would be glad to pick you up for this.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Hi everyone, I am a 45 years old french master swimmer on business travel in West Chicago for 10 days in mid september looking for a place where i could go on my all year long swimming training ... Can anyone help please ? Can't find locations on google ?? Probably i am using bad searching words ... Olympic pool would be great, that's what we got here in Caen, Normandy, and it's so pleasant ! but a 25m pool with lines dedicated to "fast" swimmer woud be fine too To introduce myself as a swimmer, i swim 3 to 4 times a week (3000 m each session), i take part in swimming meetings (races) around 10 times per year (including French Master Championships), and my best times this year was a 29'45 (50 meters freestyle) / 33'61 (50 m buterfly) / 37'11 (50 m backstroke) what was great for me, because it was a 3 secondes better in every stroke that my bests times in 2013 ... In pleasure to hear from a US master swimming in the area, Pascal You might also take a look at the College of DuPage www.cod.edu. You can buy a monthly pass for I believe $35 which will give you access to the pool and the fitness center which are both brand new. The pool is 25 yards. They also have a hotel on campus and the college is proximate to West Chicago. If you decide to come, let me know and I will try and arrange my schedule to workout with you. There is a workout group of masters swimmers that swims there from Sept. to May in the mornings too.