Association stupid rules!

Former Member
Former Member
I recently moved to an "active adult" community, basically to get away from kids. Love them, but was tired of dealing with them in the pool I used to swim in. To my surprise, the first day in my new pool (which is almost 25 yards!), I was approached about my "fins" and "kickboard." It seems the pool "rules" prohibit large flotation devices. My kickboard is 17" long. The Board then decided to prohibit fins.. I am fuming. :bitching: I can't even fight it because, conveniently, the board doesn't meet until September! I swim in the morning, and there is NO ONE in the pool. My fins are also short fins. They ruled them as "hazardous." Did you ever hear of anything so insane???? Yes, I could swim without them, but a great deal of my 3600 yard workout includes those items. The irony is that the pool is hardly used, unless the weather is over 90 and the water over 85. UGGGHHHHH. I had to join an outdoor pool and PAY (even though I pay plenty in the "active adult" community per month in association dues) for the summer, and as my prior thread whines, 2 weeks later, I received a whopping sinus infection. I'm ready to quit swimming.
Parents Reply Children
No Data