New pool gave me vicious sinus infection?

Former Member
Former Member
I'm home sick and a very unhappy camper. Living in the North East, we suffer through our brutal winters waiting for 3 months of summer. Most of June was a wash due to bad weather. Two weeks into July and I got a wallup of a sinus infection. In 2 days I used almost an entire box of tissues! I've never been sick in the summer in my 50+ years. So the only thing different this year is that I joined a new outdoor community pool. I swim first thing in the morning before the crowds come in, but I notice lots of stuff on the bottom of the pool (goes to 10') including some hair balls. Yuk. Also, it's chlorinated, and I've been swimming in salt water pools for the last year. I'm thinking the pool is the culprit. How can I find out if they are maintaining proper levels?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    just saw this The salt water pools also have chlorine, but just by a different process, The indoor pools are terrible for me, but not the outdoor because the chlorine escapes. II don't think it's the chlorine.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    just saw this The salt water pools also have chlorine, but just by a different process, The indoor pools are terrible for me, but not the outdoor because the chlorine escapes. II don't think it's the chlorine.
Children
No Data