Go The Distance program is stupid and overrated

Does anyone else think the go the distance program is seriously stupid. The prizes stink, it's too hard to get them if you even get the prize you deserved. I don't even think most people are even telling the truth about how much they swim to cheat.
Parents
  • From 2010 - 2014 (year to date) I have swum 2,444.04 GTD miles, when I started recording my distance via GTD. You can say I have swum from Long Beach, CA - Pittsburgh, PA. Washington DC is not that much further. Perhaps I can make it to Washington DC by the end of this calender year?! I would say that's not bad for someone who does not have a swimming background, and has only been swimming for 5 years. Yes, GTD is a motivator for me.
  • From 2010 - 2014 (year to date) I have swum 2,444.04 GTD miles, when I started recording my distance via GTD. You can say I have swum from Long Beach, CA - Pittsburgh, PA. Washington DC is not that much further. Perhaps I can make it to Washington DC by the end of this calender year?! I would say that's not bad for someone who does not have a swimming background, and has only been swimming for 5 years. Yes, GTD is a motivator for me.
Children
No Data