Straight arm freestyle pull

Seems like everyone thinks I should change to Bent arm freestyle pull. Have done straight arm as kid and now over 20 years as masters and for first 10 years all strokes all distances and all open waters. And most years very successfully. And no shoulder injuries. I have been researching thingthis online and understand the differences but still do not see how changing to bent arm free pull would be to my benefit. And feels totally awkward. Yeah I know change feels awkward. Anyone else feel this way?
Parents
  • I stand corrected. He is using a straight arm UW indeed. Interesting though he is representing the Race Club on his cap. You may want to look at the video I posted from GH Sr., of the Race Club and his opinion of the straight vs. EVF. It's hard to argue with a bronze medal (well maybe a little), but on his start on the blocks he rocks backward first. Why??? Why would you want to start the race 8 inches behind the starting line? I like to grab the sides of the blocks and lean way forward 8 inches. When the gun goes off I am already 16 inches ahead of him. And yes, I know he will catch me! Also his head is raised as he is looking slightly forward while he is swimming. Should be looking straight down. Other than that his stroke is perfect...
  • I stand corrected. He is using a straight arm UW indeed. Interesting though he is representing the Race Club on his cap. You may want to look at the video I posted from GH Sr., of the Race Club and his opinion of the straight vs. EVF. It's hard to argue with a bronze medal (well maybe a little), but on his start on the blocks he rocks backward first. Why??? Why would you want to start the race 8 inches behind the starting line? I like to grab the sides of the blocks and lean way forward 8 inches. When the gun goes off I am already 16 inches ahead of him. And yes, I know he will catch me! Also his head is raised as he is looking slightly forward while he is swimming. Should be looking straight down. Other than that his stroke is perfect...
Children
No Data