Newbie Burnout

I haven't been in the pool in over a week. My dog had some serious surgery. The experience sapped my energy, and I just lost interest in doing any exercise, including swimming. I've been too tired to do much of anything but sit in front of the tV and catch up with Orange is the New Black and Longmire. I've only been swimming six months, and on top of the doggy issue, am discouraged with my lack of progress i.e., being the slowest one in the lane. Is it possible this is just newbie burnout, and I'll get my swimming mojo back? When I swim I'm careful to eat clean, but of course the bad stuff has worked its way back into my diet. I'd like to know whether any of you go through swimming burnout, or if you did at the beginning when you were just really learning the sport (if you can remember that far back LOL), and how you push through the stressful times that threaten to sideline you and halt any progress you're making.
Parents
  • To me it's also about the people. I love talking to the people next to me in the lanes and the coach. Our coach wants it to be as much fun as it is a workout. People energize me and make me want to come back no matter how slow I go. :)
  • To me it's also about the people. I love talking to the people next to me in the lanes and the coach. Our coach wants it to be as much fun as it is a workout. People energize me and make me want to come back no matter how slow I go. :)
Children
No Data