Morton's Neuroma

A neighbor has this condition & is having a second surgery for it. He is a long time casual fitness swimmer & says his doctor said that swimming was the cause. I’ve been a swimmer for most of my life & never heard of swimmers having this type of issue. I searched on the forum & found nothing. Have any of the medically inclined members heard of anything like this? I’m just curious if there is any basis for the statement or is this a misstatement/misinterpretation of the facts.
Parents
  • I used to swim with a couple of swimmers who, every once in a while, complained that, that portion of their feet did hurt them. They had stated it was caused by their flipturns. I know of a couple of other swimmers who wear regular cotton socks, or swim booties on their feet when utilizing swim fins. That could put extra pressure on that portion of your foot.
  • I used to swim with a couple of swimmers who, every once in a while, complained that, that portion of their feet did hurt them. They had stated it was caused by their flipturns. I know of a couple of other swimmers who wear regular cotton socks, or swim booties on their feet when utilizing swim fins. That could put extra pressure on that portion of your foot.
Children
No Data