Morton's Neuroma

A neighbor has this condition & is having a second surgery for it. He is a long time casual fitness swimmer & says his doctor said that swimming was the cause. I’ve been a swimmer for most of my life & never heard of swimmers having this type of issue. I searched on the forum & found nothing. Have any of the medically inclined members heard of anything like this? I’m just curious if there is any basis for the statement or is this a misstatement/misinterpretation of the facts.
Parents
  • A neighbor has this condition & is having a second surgery for it. He is a long time casual fitness swimmer & says his doctor said that swimming was the cause. I’ve been a swimmer for most of my life & never heard of swimmers having this type of issue. I searched on the forum & found nothing. Have any of the medically inclined members heard of anything like this? I’m just curious if there is any basis I've never heard of any swimmer having this issue (Competing ages 7-25, 42-50, 60-63) so it is probably not pevelant. Sounds like swimming with fins might cause this issue? (I don't use fins). For everyone reading this, below is a definition of this condition. What is Morton's neuroma, and what causes it? Morton's neuroma is a swollen or thickened nerve in the ball of your foot. When your toes are squeezed together too often and for too long, the nerve that runs between your toes can swell and get thicker. This swelling can make it painful when you walk on that foot. High-heeled, tight, or narrow shoes can make pain worse. Sometimes, changing to shoes that give your toes more room can help
  • A neighbor has this condition & is having a second surgery for it. He is a long time casual fitness swimmer & says his doctor said that swimming was the cause. I’ve been a swimmer for most of my life & never heard of swimmers having this type of issue. I searched on the forum & found nothing. Have any of the medically inclined members heard of anything like this? I’m just curious if there is any basis I've never heard of any swimmer having this issue (Competing ages 7-25, 42-50, 60-63) so it is probably not pevelant. Sounds like swimming with fins might cause this issue? (I don't use fins). For everyone reading this, below is a definition of this condition. What is Morton's neuroma, and what causes it? Morton's neuroma is a swollen or thickened nerve in the ball of your foot. When your toes are squeezed together too often and for too long, the nerve that runs between your toes can swell and get thicker. This swelling can make it painful when you walk on that foot. High-heeled, tight, or narrow shoes can make pain worse. Sometimes, changing to shoes that give your toes more room can help
Children
No Data