Morton's Neuroma

A neighbor has this condition & is having a second surgery for it. He is a long time casual fitness swimmer & says his doctor said that swimming was the cause. I’ve been a swimmer for most of my life & never heard of swimmers having this type of issue. I searched on the forum & found nothing. Have any of the medically inclined members heard of anything like this? I’m just curious if there is any basis for the statement or is this a misstatement/misinterpretation of the facts.
Parents
  • I looked this up at Mayo Clinic. Under causes they list the following: Certain Sports. Participating in high-impact athletic activities such as jogging or running may subject your feet to repetitive trauma. Sports that feature tight shoes, such as snow skiing or rock climbing, can put pressure on you toes. Sure as heck does not sound like anything to do with swimming. Unless of course your neighbor is jogging with tight fins on.
  • I looked this up at Mayo Clinic. Under causes they list the following: Certain Sports. Participating in high-impact athletic activities such as jogging or running may subject your feet to repetitive trauma. Sports that feature tight shoes, such as snow skiing or rock climbing, can put pressure on you toes. Sure as heck does not sound like anything to do with swimming. Unless of course your neighbor is jogging with tight fins on.
Children
No Data