Lifeguard intimidation

Former Member
Former Member
One of the reasons I hate swimming in outdoor community/development pools is the lifeguard glare you get when you come in with all your gear, prepared to swim and hour or two. :banana: I've been swimming outside for 25 years in the summer, and find that the guards are mostly all the same - texting, playing ball, sleeping, eating. Heaven forbid, they have to sit up and watch a swimmer. I feel like they really hate when I walk in because they have to actually do their job. I've treated them to lunch, ice cream, treats and some are fine, but overall, they are mostly very lazy. I tell them I had a guard cert, (I can swim better than almost all of them!), and they don't have to sit in the chair, or even watch, but I still feel the glare. I've even encountered a few occasions when the sun was shining and guards claimed they heard thunder. What happened to the good old days when guards sat in the chair and did their job without resentment? I only see that type of mentality at the indoor pools. On rainy days, they really give me the evil eye. :badday:
Parents
  • renie, LOL, Thanks for the laugh. I don't get the noodles at all, what they're supposed to do. And there's one lady with styrofoam barbells who's always in one of the lap lanes. You're right, they are out of shape. And never seem to get any fitter. Though, bless their dedicated little hearts, they're in there every single day, hogging the lap lanes, hanging onto their noodles like they hold the secret to eternal youth.
  • renie, LOL, Thanks for the laugh. I don't get the noodles at all, what they're supposed to do. And there's one lady with styrofoam barbells who's always in one of the lap lanes. You're right, they are out of shape. And never seem to get any fitter. Though, bless their dedicated little hearts, they're in there every single day, hogging the lap lanes, hanging onto their noodles like they hold the secret to eternal youth.
Children
No Data