Any Kauai swimmers out there?

Hi folks, I'm visiting Koloa in August, and would love the opportunity to swim with the masters team there. I travel a lot, and have had wonderful experiences visiting other teams; it is one of my favorite things about USMS. I'm happy to pay any fees required. I've emailed the contact given on the USMS Places to Swim page for SKA Masters, but the email bounced. I'd also be interested in hooking up with anyone who wants to do some open-water swimming. Can anyone direct me to knowledgeable locals? Much appreciated, and look us (Corvallis Aquatic Team Masters) up if you're ever in Oregon! Sue
  • I don't know about pool workouts,but there are numerous places to swim around the island.I particularly like Anini beach.Wear clear goggles as you may see turtles.There are usually swimmers there in the morning. I haven't done it,but I have friends who have swum across Hanalee Bay and say it is a nice swim.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I was three last month and there seemed to be a number of open water swimmers in front of the Marriott in Lihue every day. It's a nice place to swim.