Campaign to reduce the drowning rate by 50,000

Washington DC – May 20, 2014 - The American Red Cross today launched a new national campaign to reduce the drowning rate by 50 percent in 50 cities over the next three to five years. www.redcross.org/.../Red-Cross-Launches-Campaign-to-Cut-Drowning-in-Half-in-50-Cities www.usatoday.com/.../ Between U.S. Masters Swimming adult learn to swim initiatives and the Red Cross, it would be great if there was an uptick in drowning prevention.
Parents
  • Our guide from Tanzania is in the usa , brought here by us to see our country. He only has water with hippos & crocs to go in, so I brought him to my gym pool & after 1 hour he can swim 30 feet. I felt good about helping him do this, although I'm not sure when he will use this skill again.
  • Our guide from Tanzania is in the usa , brought here by us to see our country. He only has water with hippos & crocs to go in, so I brought him to my gym pool & after 1 hour he can swim 30 feet. I felt good about helping him do this, although I'm not sure when he will use this skill again.
Children
No Data