Getting over a bad performance

Okay, I'm in a complete funk now. At spring nationals this weekend, I had what was probably the worst meet of my career, performance wise. Really can't understand why, as the meet was run really well, I thought I had trained and tapered properly, and everything seemed to be in order. Come competition time, I sucked. Had a so-so 400IM, got dq'd in the 200Br, and just went slow in everything else. Not making excuses, but now I feel horrible. Don't want to train, and I'm almost embarrassed to look at my results. So now what? How do I get over this desire to quit? (I know, I'm taking this way to seriously, but I can't shake the feeling of being a failure)
Parents
  • Probably the best thing you can do is really to quit. Everybody is telling you the same story about how you can get over it and how you can get stronger and better and how you can focus on the next event and any sorts of things like that, but the true is: nobody is feeling like you and can really know how your soul suffers from bad results... So Everybody is lying to you because the mainstream opinion is always inaccurate and in relation to you own feelings in most case just false. So let my give you a wise advice: Dont think about to get quickly on track, with the same kind of mideset, just think more about the spititual way of life: for example why some results of a simply bodyaction in water affects your soul and mind. HUH? :confused:
  • Probably the best thing you can do is really to quit. Everybody is telling you the same story about how you can get over it and how you can get stronger and better and how you can focus on the next event and any sorts of things like that, but the true is: nobody is feeling like you and can really know how your soul suffers from bad results... So Everybody is lying to you because the mainstream opinion is always inaccurate and in relation to you own feelings in most case just false. So let my give you a wise advice: Dont think about to get quickly on track, with the same kind of mideset, just think more about the spititual way of life: for example why some results of a simply bodyaction in water affects your soul and mind. HUH? :confused:
Children
No Data