Getting over a bad performance

Okay, I'm in a complete funk now. At spring nationals this weekend, I had what was probably the worst meet of my career, performance wise. Really can't understand why, as the meet was run really well, I thought I had trained and tapered properly, and everything seemed to be in order. Come competition time, I sucked. Had a so-so 400IM, got dq'd in the 200Br, and just went slow in everything else. Not making excuses, but now I feel horrible. Don't want to train, and I'm almost embarrassed to look at my results. So now what? How do I get over this desire to quit? (I know, I'm taking this way to seriously, but I can't shake the feeling of being a failure)
Parents
  • Thanks for the replies. Don't think there's any danger of me quitting, but it really is a downer feeling right now. I didn't have the highest expectations going into this meet, but I was surprised at how slow I went in some events. Getting DQ'd for the first time in my life in the 200br was a bit of a shock. Sunruh, I was in your heat for the 500 free. I guess I can take some consolation in knowing I was in a fast heat and didn't come in last!
  • Thanks for the replies. Don't think there's any danger of me quitting, but it really is a downer feeling right now. I didn't have the highest expectations going into this meet, but I was surprised at how slow I went in some events. Getting DQ'd for the first time in my life in the 200br was a bit of a shock. Sunruh, I was in your heat for the 500 free. I guess I can take some consolation in knowing I was in a fast heat and didn't come in last!
Children
No Data