USMS Swimmers training on a USA Swimming Team

I am fully aware of what is required if a USA Swimming athlete (i.e. - age grouper) swims with my Masters team. But, I have a Masters swimmer that would like to train every now and again with the age group team. I have looked on the USA Swimming site for direction but can't find any. I know with the emphasis on safe sport we have to make sure everything is by the rules. Does anyone know how this works or what the requirements are? Thank you. Bill
Parents
  • USA Swimming rules specifically say that US Masters swimmers are able to train in the same lanes with USA Swimming swimmers. The US Masters swimmers do not even have to be registered in any way with USA Swimming. I have seen this many times and it is written in the rules.:confused::confused::confused: I just went through the USA Swimming rulebook and I couldn’t find the “rule”. Can you let me know where to find it? However, according to the USA Swimming Insurance Coverages “Frequently Asked Questions”; revised February 2014: Parents Working Out Same Time as Team Question: Some parents want to workout (laps) while their children are at swim team practice. Answer: Two different situations. If they want to swim with their kids in the same lanes while the kids are practicing, they have to join USA Swimming as an athlete member. If they are swimming in separate lanes and are not being coached by the USA Swimming club coach, they don't have to join. However, this activity is not an insured activity. Masters Swimmers at Practice Question: A member of the United States Masters Swimming, Inc. practices with a USA Swimming team. What is the status of the liability insurance for the USA Swimming member club and its members? Answer: This would be an insured activity. There is an agreement between USA Swimming and USMS allowing their members to practice with either organization as long as a USA Swimming member coach is on deck.
  • USA Swimming rules specifically say that US Masters swimmers are able to train in the same lanes with USA Swimming swimmers. The US Masters swimmers do not even have to be registered in any way with USA Swimming. I have seen this many times and it is written in the rules.:confused::confused::confused: I just went through the USA Swimming rulebook and I couldn’t find the “rule”. Can you let me know where to find it? However, according to the USA Swimming Insurance Coverages “Frequently Asked Questions”; revised February 2014: Parents Working Out Same Time as Team Question: Some parents want to workout (laps) while their children are at swim team practice. Answer: Two different situations. If they want to swim with their kids in the same lanes while the kids are practicing, they have to join USA Swimming as an athlete member. If they are swimming in separate lanes and are not being coached by the USA Swimming club coach, they don't have to join. However, this activity is not an insured activity. Masters Swimmers at Practice Question: A member of the United States Masters Swimming, Inc. practices with a USA Swimming team. What is the status of the liability insurance for the USA Swimming member club and its members? Answer: This would be an insured activity. There is an agreement between USA Swimming and USMS allowing their members to practice with either organization as long as a USA Swimming member coach is on deck.
Children
No Data