Are athletes getting faster, higher and stronger?

David Epstein's TED talk on Sports & Technology Are athletes getting faster, higher and stronger like the Olympic Motto?
Parents
  • David Epstein's TED talk on Sports & Technology Are athletes getting faster, higher and stronger like the Olympic Motto? Ande, I enjoyed the video. I also read his book, The Sports Gene.. One of the sections in the book that was fascinating was an analysis of just how good Major League Baseball players eyesight needed to be to be an effective hitter. This genetic selection started long ago apparently. On this week's Cosmos, Neal DeGrasse Tyson talked about ancient cultures using star spotting ability to select lookouts!
  • David Epstein's TED talk on Sports & Technology Are athletes getting faster, higher and stronger like the Olympic Motto? Ande, I enjoyed the video. I also read his book, The Sports Gene.. One of the sections in the book that was fascinating was an analysis of just how good Major League Baseball players eyesight needed to be to be an effective hitter. This genetic selection started long ago apparently. On this week's Cosmos, Neal DeGrasse Tyson talked about ancient cultures using star spotting ability to select lookouts!
Children
No Data