Legal ways to cheat

I thought "LEGAL WAYS TO CHEAT" might be a fun topic for us to toss around. Please share your ideas. These need to be legal as opposed to "if you don't get caught."
Parents
  • I think if you dropped your legs coming into the turn and reached behind yourself simultaneously with both arms you could have a legal touch? i did float this idea by him. His take on it was that if your trunk is prone enough to still qualify as being "on the ***," extending your arms behind you to touch the wall before the rest of your body hit it would break the hands-not-past-the-hip-line rule. I'm not sure if I agree--not sure how the plane of the hip line would be defined if your torso was bent at the waist--but he looked as pleased as someone who had discovered a clever checkmate when explaining this. :) I also wonder if a 3/4 forward somersault with a half twist off the blocks would be a legal start for such a swim. (not hatching plans, just curious ...)
  • I think if you dropped your legs coming into the turn and reached behind yourself simultaneously with both arms you could have a legal touch? i did float this idea by him. His take on it was that if your trunk is prone enough to still qualify as being "on the ***," extending your arms behind you to touch the wall before the rest of your body hit it would break the hands-not-past-the-hip-line rule. I'm not sure if I agree--not sure how the plane of the hip line would be defined if your torso was bent at the waist--but he looked as pleased as someone who had discovered a clever checkmate when explaining this. :) I also wonder if a 3/4 forward somersault with a half twist off the blocks would be a legal start for such a swim. (not hatching plans, just curious ...)
Children
No Data