Debbie Morrin-Nordlund, 1962-2014

Former Member
Former Member
From Cheryl Wagner of the Terrapin Masters club: It is with great sadness that I tell you that Debbie Morrin-Nordlund passed away today. She was 51 years old. I first met Debbie in 1993 when I joined Terrapin Masters. She was one of the original lunch-time Terrapin Masters swimmers at University of Maryland College Park. She quickly joined the Potomac Valley LMSC board (and talked me into joining) and served ever since. She also served as Colonies Zone chair and on numerous committees at the national USMS level. She was a tireless promoter of USMS and an accomplished open water swimmer having completed the Snake River Swim, the Chesapeake Bay Swim, the Lake Tahoe Swim and numerous East Coast ocean swims. She was my friend for over 20 years and inspired me to try the Chesapeake Bay swim in 1993. I will miss her. --Cheryl Wagner Debbie was the current sanctions chair for the Potomac Valley LMSC and a member of the USMS Legislation Committee. She was a fixture at the annual USMS convention. My condolences go out to her husband, Eric Nordlund. Anna Lea Matysek
Parents
  • In case anybody is interested, the obituary is posted on the funeral home website: www.farleysullivan.com/.../obituary.php It contains the following statement about donations: In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donations in memory of Debbie Morrin-Nordlund be given to the University of Maryland's Marine Estuarine Environmental Sciences Graduate Program where Debbie worked tirelessly for over 17 years, helping thousands of students achieve their educational goals. Checks made out to "UMCPF" can be sent to Andrea E. Morris, c/o MEES, 2300 Symons Hall, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742.
  • In case anybody is interested, the obituary is posted on the funeral home website: www.farleysullivan.com/.../obituary.php It contains the following statement about donations: In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donations in memory of Debbie Morrin-Nordlund be given to the University of Maryland's Marine Estuarine Environmental Sciences Graduate Program where Debbie worked tirelessly for over 17 years, helping thousands of students achieve their educational goals. Checks made out to "UMCPF" can be sent to Andrea E. Morris, c/o MEES, 2300 Symons Hall, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742.
Children
No Data