Visiting Fla from UK - Training + Rowdy Gaines Classic

Former Member
Former Member
I am looking to come over the pond in early October to train with St Peters Masters - culminating in entering the Rowdy Gaines Classic 10-12 October in Orlando. I have cleared what I need to do to enter as a non-USMS member but wondered if anyone has any ideas/suggestions as to how best use my time during my visit. Would love to stay with a masters-obsessed family. Happy to pay board & lodging. Please respond or PM me if interested
Parents
  • UK-David I have a reverse question for you. I am heading to the UK in Sept and will be staying near Northampton and/or Oxford area. Any suggetions on folks to swim with while I am over there or swimming options in general? Chris, I used to travel to Reading frequently on business (2002 to 2010) and the Reading Masters (www.readingswimclub.org/) was a great group to swim with. It's a bit of a journey from Oxford, but a perfect place to stop in for a swim en route from Heathrow to Oxford. As for open lap swimming in the UK, I did that, as well, but generally found the pools so crowded - very hard to do much other than easy, stretch out swimming.
  • UK-David I have a reverse question for you. I am heading to the UK in Sept and will be staying near Northampton and/or Oxford area. Any suggetions on folks to swim with while I am over there or swimming options in general? Chris, I used to travel to Reading frequently on business (2002 to 2010) and the Reading Masters (www.readingswimclub.org/) was a great group to swim with. It's a bit of a journey from Oxford, but a perfect place to stop in for a swim en route from Heathrow to Oxford. As for open lap swimming in the UK, I did that, as well, but generally found the pools so crowded - very hard to do much other than easy, stretch out swimming.
Children
No Data