Visiting Fla from UK - Training + Rowdy Gaines Classic

Former Member
Former Member
I am looking to come over the pond in early October to train with St Peters Masters - culminating in entering the Rowdy Gaines Classic 10-12 October in Orlando. I have cleared what I need to do to enter as a non-USMS member but wondered if anyone has any ideas/suggestions as to how best use my time during my visit. Would love to stay with a masters-obsessed family. Happy to pay board & lodging. Please respond or PM me if interested
Parents
  • Swimming-wise, those are great choice. I trained with the St Pete team back in 2003 when I was on vacation there and it was an awesome group. The Rowdy Gaines meet is probably one of the fastest 25 SCM courses in the country; I was there for the first one and it was a great meet then. I can only assume it's gotten better. I can't comment on staying with families, but you should be able to find a great place to stay in St Pete on vrbo or airbnb. As for the Rowdy meet, there are decent hotels right next to the pool so you can roll out of bed and walk next door to race.
  • Swimming-wise, those are great choice. I trained with the St Pete team back in 2003 when I was on vacation there and it was an awesome group. The Rowdy Gaines meet is probably one of the fastest 25 SCM courses in the country; I was there for the first one and it was a great meet then. I can only assume it's gotten better. I can't comment on staying with families, but you should be able to find a great place to stay in St Pete on vrbo or airbnb. As for the Rowdy meet, there are decent hotels right next to the pool so you can roll out of bed and walk next door to race.
Children
No Data