Scratching at a Master meet

I am considering scratching an event at an upcoming meet. Is there a protocol that I should be aware of. For instance, at a USA meet, if you fail to report to the blocks for event A, you are automatically DQ'd for event B. Is this true in USMS as well? I would like to make a "game time" decision, but it's the 2nd event that I'd like to focus on, and would be totally bummed if I screwed up.
Parents
  • This is total nonsense. That is a lot of events for a sprinter to swim at any meet, much less a meet that is moving fast. People scratch events all the time (even at nationals) for many reasons. It's no big deal. I think my current streak is two meets in a row with no scratches. :) Agreed.I have swum 5 events in a day,but I can only swim 2 at best time quality.If you want to swim a lot of events,fine.If you want to swim fast,make sure you have plenty of rest.
  • This is total nonsense. That is a lot of events for a sprinter to swim at any meet, much less a meet that is moving fast. People scratch events all the time (even at nationals) for many reasons. It's no big deal. I think my current streak is two meets in a row with no scratches. :) Agreed.I have swum 5 events in a day,but I can only swim 2 at best time quality.If you want to swim a lot of events,fine.If you want to swim fast,make sure you have plenty of rest.
Children
No Data