Scratching at a Master meet

I am considering scratching an event at an upcoming meet. Is there a protocol that I should be aware of. For instance, at a USA meet, if you fail to report to the blocks for event A, you are automatically DQ'd for event B. Is this true in USMS as well? I would like to make a "game time" decision, but it's the 2nd event that I'd like to focus on, and would be totally bummed if I screwed up.
Parents
  • I've had it happen a couple times in the 200 fly I've learned to stay on my toes with the 200 fly because of this. A couple years ago, they reseeded a 200 fly fairly close the the event start. My teammate thought he had 4 minutes to get a quick bathroom break while the slower heat was going. Another teammate had to go hunt him down. "Um... don't want to rush you or anything but your heat is on the blocks right now."
  • I've had it happen a couple times in the 200 fly I've learned to stay on my toes with the 200 fly because of this. A couple years ago, they reseeded a 200 fly fairly close the the event start. My teammate thought he had 4 minutes to get a quick bathroom break while the slower heat was going. Another teammate had to go hunt him down. "Um... don't want to rush you or anything but your heat is on the blocks right now."
Children
No Data