Scratching at a Master meet

I am considering scratching an event at an upcoming meet. Is there a protocol that I should be aware of. For instance, at a USA meet, if you fail to report to the blocks for event A, you are automatically DQ'd for event B. Is this true in USMS as well? I would like to make a "game time" decision, but it's the 2nd event that I'd like to focus on, and would be totally bummed if I screwed up.
Parents
  • I've never seen an event reseeded in masters. Me either. Once the heats are seeded, I've never seen any changes. I've only done 1 nationals, and I checked in for an event the day prior online. After a late day, I decided to scratch (it was my only event that day and I just didn't show). Perhaps I should have let someone know, but I didn't know any better. I've scratched events, shown up late skipping earlier events, left early skipping late events, and even skipped entire meets. Never let a soul know, and never heard anything from any of it.
  • I've never seen an event reseeded in masters. Me either. Once the heats are seeded, I've never seen any changes. I've only done 1 nationals, and I checked in for an event the day prior online. After a late day, I decided to scratch (it was my only event that day and I just didn't show). Perhaps I should have let someone know, but I didn't know any better. I've scratched events, shown up late skipping earlier events, left early skipping late events, and even skipped entire meets. Never let a soul know, and never heard anything from any of it.
Children
No Data