Scratching at a Master meet

I am considering scratching an event at an upcoming meet. Is there a protocol that I should be aware of. For instance, at a USA meet, if you fail to report to the blocks for event A, you are automatically DQ'd for event B. Is this true in USMS as well? I would like to make a "game time" decision, but it's the 2nd event that I'd like to focus on, and would be totally bummed if I screwed up.
Parents
  • Yes you can drop an event, it's nice to let then know. With the short events you listed I think you should go for it You do a LOT more in practice don't you ?? I think I'll wait until after the 50's and see how I feel and how fast the meet is moving. I am not known for my endurance, and my last 100 back race triggered an asthma attack. I will be sure to let the important people know in advance. Thanks for all the feedback.
  • Yes you can drop an event, it's nice to let then know. With the short events you listed I think you should go for it You do a LOT more in practice don't you ?? I think I'll wait until after the 50's and see how I feel and how fast the meet is moving. I am not known for my endurance, and my last 100 back race triggered an asthma attack. I will be sure to let the important people know in advance. Thanks for all the feedback.
Children
No Data