Stretching

Former Member
Former Member
Any links or ideas/routines for stretching. I am at a loss if what to do but I know I need to start doing something. What is this dynic stretching that I have read about? Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Look at theraceclub.com: www.theraceclub.com/.../ +1 on Race Club stretching rountine. I've been to the camps and I've used Gary's exercises. Excellent! I also like some yoga poses. Aladar Kogler was one of the first with "Yoga for Athletes." www.amazon.com/.../ref=cm_wl_huc_item And I like some Qigong (related to Tai Chi). Here's a sample of the Eight Pieces of Brocade: www.youtube.com/watch (there are other examples and there are instructional videos available on Amazon or you may find some classes locally). Heres a recent article on stretching for swimmers from Swimming Science (John Mullen). It contains videos and links to other articles. www.swimmingscience.net/.../Dynamic-Swimming-Warm-up.html And here's a Swimming World video of some Cal-Berkely swimmers talking about stretching before they won NCAAs last month. www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../38561.asp A good point that Shayne Fleming makes in this video is that you will eventually get to know what YOU need and you'll develop an individualized rountine that works for you. And I just watched aquajock's youtube clip and that looks good too!
  • Look at theraceclub.com: www.theraceclub.com/.../ +1 on Race Club stretching rountine. I've been to the camps and I've used Gary's exercises. Excellent! I also like some yoga poses. Aladar Kogler was one of the first with "Yoga for Athletes." www.amazon.com/.../ref=cm_wl_huc_item And I like some Qigong (related to Tai Chi). Here's a sample of the Eight Pieces of Brocade: www.youtube.com/watch (there are other examples and there are instructional videos available on Amazon or you may find some classes locally). Heres a recent article on stretching for swimmers from Swimming Science (John Mullen). It contains videos and links to other articles. www.swimmingscience.net/.../Dynamic-Swimming-Warm-up.html And here's a Swimming World video of some Cal-Berkely swimmers talking about stretching before they won NCAAs last month. www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../38561.asp A good point that Shayne Fleming makes in this video is that you will eventually get to know what YOU need and you'll develop an individualized rountine that works for you. And I just watched aquajock's youtube clip and that looks good too!
Children
No Data