Chemical cleaning while swimming

Former Member
Former Member
I swim at a fitness/wellness center. There are masters swim practices, rec swimmers, aqua classes, etc. in the 5 lane 25 yard pool. During lunch hour times, cleaning crew used to tilex the showers in the pool area for an hour. After relentless complaints, they finally stopped (at least while I"m there) They also would run a floor cleaning machine, windex windows, polish the metal all while we are working out. I think it's extremely hazardous to be breathing in these chemicals while we are pushing our lungs to the limit. Recently, the new manager told me they are going green. Unfortunately, I don't believe it, however, I suspect that if this is true, they will now clean while swimmers are present since they are converting to green cleaners. Am I asking too much that they refrain from doing this while swimmers are present? So many of us suffer from allergies, and inhaling chlorine is bad enough, but having to also inhale cleaning solutions IMO is ridiculous. The irony is that this is a WELLNESS center!
Parents
  • Last year I really YELLED at the kids/lifeguards that were cleaning with a strong oder chem. WHILE we were swimming! Unbelievable that they would do this & then spray it into the gutters & I'm sure into there pool !!!
  • Last year I really YELLED at the kids/lifeguards that were cleaning with a strong oder chem. WHILE we were swimming! Unbelievable that they would do this & then spray it into the gutters & I'm sure into there pool !!!
Children
No Data