Indoor pool water temperature

Former Member
Former Member
What would you consider as TOO cold? In South America there is one indoor pool in the Andes I used to go to when I lived there which was brand new and a great pool, except that they couldn't afford to heat up the water to around 79-80 degrees. They argued that every degree more costs too much money per month that they didn't have. The average temperature was around 68-70 degrees(20-21 Celsius). I trained there for several month but no matter how hard I trained, I was always freezing. Would you say that is definitely too cold or is it an individual thing?
Parents
  • I like swimming in colder water, but 68 is probably too cold to be productive even for me. I think 75-76 is pretty ideal, but I have recently just fine in the 71-75 degree range as well (when the heater on our outdoor pool broke). On the flip side, anything over 80 feels too hot to me to exert at anything close to max effort.
  • I like swimming in colder water, but 68 is probably too cold to be productive even for me. I think 75-76 is pretty ideal, but I have recently just fine in the 71-75 degree range as well (when the heater on our outdoor pool broke). On the flip side, anything over 80 feels too hot to me to exert at anything close to max effort.
Children
No Data