Indoor pool water temperature

Former Member
Former Member
What would you consider as TOO cold? In South America there is one indoor pool in the Andes I used to go to when I lived there which was brand new and a great pool, except that they couldn't afford to heat up the water to around 79-80 degrees. They argued that every degree more costs too much money per month that they didn't have. The average temperature was around 68-70 degrees(20-21 Celsius). I trained there for several month but no matter how hard I trained, I was always freezing. Would you say that is definitely too cold or is it an individual thing?
Parents
  • Preferring the open water, I find somewhere between 72 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit most comfortable water temperatures for hard workouts. 68-70 seems a bit on the cool side, but some could easily adjust to that, I think. That's usually around the water temperature when I shed my wetsuit in the lake in the spring. I've done some open water swims with water temperatures in the mid to low 60s and that is a bit too cool to be comfortable for me. But again, I think training in that water temperature would allow one (some) to acclimate to it.
  • Preferring the open water, I find somewhere between 72 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit most comfortable water temperatures for hard workouts. 68-70 seems a bit on the cool side, but some could easily adjust to that, I think. That's usually around the water temperature when I shed my wetsuit in the lake in the spring. I've done some open water swims with water temperatures in the mid to low 60s and that is a bit too cool to be comfortable for me. But again, I think training in that water temperature would allow one (some) to acclimate to it.
Children
No Data