Equivalent Performances Calculator?

In running, there are calculators that tell you what your time for a particular event should be, given a time in another event. t's always guesswork, but they can be useful for giving you a sense of pace and your relative strength in different events. (Note I don't mean a calculator to convert yards to meters, or SC to LC). ITo some extent this is covered by the masters motivational times, but I'd love to see a tighter formula. Does one exist?
  • In running, there are calculators that tell you what your time for a particular event should be, given a time in another event. t's always guesswork, but they can be useful for giving you a sense of pace and your relative strength in different events. (Note I don't mean a calculator to convert yards to meters, or SC to LC). ITo some extent this is covered by the masters motivational times, but I'd love to see a tighter formula. Does one exist? You can use this calculator for that purpose: www.vaswim.org/.../rcalc.cgi Calculate a rating for one event, then input that rating to calculate a time for another event. You can even adjust the age between the two if necessary.
  • You can use this calculator for that purpose: www.vaswim.org/.../rcalc.cgi Calculate a rating for one event, then input that rating to calculate a time for another event. You can even adjust the age between the two if necessary. This is a great calculator. I use it often to see how I rate relative to other distances in my age group. I believe what you may be referencing is a PLP rating which is done mainly for running events, I did a open water swim where they used the PLP running ratings for the open swim. The rating was not significant but the order it posted the swimmers showed an adjustment by age so you can see where you were relative to the entire group. ( I really like this since I ranked second :)). Chris's calculator could be used to produce a PLP report for any meet (I feel this would of interest to USMS swimmers - especially the ones who love to compete). The example of this report is the link below ( you have to scroll to the end of the report for the PLP section) www.compuscore.com/.../indsw2-4.htm
  • Impressively, this predicted my 1650 time from my 500 time to the second. It also suggested I have some work to do in my other events. Thank you.