Ft Myers Places to Swim?

Former Member
Former Member
Any recommendations on good places to swim in Ft Myers? I will be staying close to the beach and was hoping to get any help/recommendations from locals or folks that have stayed there before. "Places to swim" link did not have many suggestions. Thanks
Parents
  • fdtotten, Thanks for the response and pool closing information - good to know that! Is the FMAC option just an open swim or is there a group that swims there? When do you normally swim? The FMAC option is a lap swim, where 99% of the time we have our own lane and the large digital clock on the scoreboard can be seen very clearly from any position in the pool. The local swim clubs do provide small (2-3 lanes) masters training sessions either very early am or after 7pm Mon-Fri at FMAC and San Carlos Community Pool. You would need to contact one of the local clubs (Swim Florida at DeLeon Pool, 1750 Matthew Drive, Ft Myers, Fl 33907, with Coach Ehrin, 239-887-0055) or (Gulf Coast Swim Team with Coach Gregg, gcst@comcast.net or 239-560-4820) if you wanted to participate in some their group sessions. The FMAC opens at 10am, so that is the time when I usually try to swim, depending on my work schedule and kid's daily activities. Chuck Slaght, the coach I was training with several sessions weekly is based in Naples, and we normally would meet at FGCU, but since the facility closure last December, I have been on my own at FMAC. Sometimes I will do a set with another swimmer and adjust the interval or distance so that we can both be challenged. While recently I have been training more for upcoming OW events, I am very flexible and would be willing to do almost any kind of workout. Depending on the timeframe, I may also be able to arrange some OW swims either in the Gulf or at Miramar lakes.
  • fdtotten, Thanks for the response and pool closing information - good to know that! Is the FMAC option just an open swim or is there a group that swims there? When do you normally swim? The FMAC option is a lap swim, where 99% of the time we have our own lane and the large digital clock on the scoreboard can be seen very clearly from any position in the pool. The local swim clubs do provide small (2-3 lanes) masters training sessions either very early am or after 7pm Mon-Fri at FMAC and San Carlos Community Pool. You would need to contact one of the local clubs (Swim Florida at DeLeon Pool, 1750 Matthew Drive, Ft Myers, Fl 33907, with Coach Ehrin, 239-887-0055) or (Gulf Coast Swim Team with Coach Gregg, gcst@comcast.net or 239-560-4820) if you wanted to participate in some their group sessions. The FMAC opens at 10am, so that is the time when I usually try to swim, depending on my work schedule and kid's daily activities. Chuck Slaght, the coach I was training with several sessions weekly is based in Naples, and we normally would meet at FGCU, but since the facility closure last December, I have been on my own at FMAC. Sometimes I will do a set with another swimmer and adjust the interval or distance so that we can both be challenged. While recently I have been training more for upcoming OW events, I am very flexible and would be willing to do almost any kind of workout. Depending on the timeframe, I may also be able to arrange some OW swims either in the Gulf or at Miramar lakes.
Children
No Data