Ft Myers Places to Swim?

Former Member
Former Member
Any recommendations on good places to swim in Ft Myers? I will be staying close to the beach and was hoping to get any help/recommendations from locals or folks that have stayed there before. "Places to swim" link did not have many suggestions. Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Chris, I know you come from a landlocked place, so you might be as unfamiliar with beach towns as I am, but I have usually found that, just at the edge of the beach, there is a huge swimming hole, like this picture of Fort Meyers ... Pat yes living in the corn fields of Indiana does tend to narrow the mind a little. Funny I was just looking at an aerial view of Ft Myers yesterday and was thinking it would be cool to swim to Sanibel Island and back but I would probably get arrested for doing that. I will do an open water or two while in town I am sure.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Chris, I know you come from a landlocked place, so you might be as unfamiliar with beach towns as I am, but I have usually found that, just at the edge of the beach, there is a huge swimming hole, like this picture of Fort Meyers ... Pat yes living in the corn fields of Indiana does tend to narrow the mind a little. Funny I was just looking at an aerial view of Ft Myers yesterday and was thinking it would be cool to swim to Sanibel Island and back but I would probably get arrested for doing that. I will do an open water or two while in town I am sure.
Children
No Data