Resuming training after bout with mild case of pneumonia

I hope to get to nationals at Santa Clara this year, but was just diagnosed with so called "walking" pneumonia and am on antibiotics. How soon can I hope to resume training for nationals or at least get back in the water for practices?
Parents
  • Let your body tell you what you need. Keep track of your resting heart rate and use it as a gauge for exertion and how quickly (or not) your body is recovering. I had the fly bad last year and it took several weeks of working at a much lower pace and distance before the world started kicking in again. Let yourself sleep more. If you're still having issues breathing, take practices easy. It may be another month or so before you're 100% again.
  • Let your body tell you what you need. Keep track of your resting heart rate and use it as a gauge for exertion and how quickly (or not) your body is recovering. I had the fly bad last year and it took several weeks of working at a much lower pace and distance before the world started kicking in again. Let yourself sleep more. If you're still having issues breathing, take practices easy. It may be another month or so before you're 100% again.
Children
No Data