Resuming training after bout with mild case of pneumonia

I hope to get to nationals at Santa Clara this year, but was just diagnosed with so called "walking" pneumonia and am on antibiotics. How soon can I hope to resume training for nationals or at least get back in the water for practices?
Parents
  • I'm also recovery from mild pneumonia, unfortunately at the worst time, getting ready for national senior games. Been out of the pool two solid weeks, but now trying to do some swimming to assess if I have any chance of going to this competition. The cough gets me as does the fatigue. My inhaler helps with the cough, but the fatigue is still there. Using cough and fatigue as a guide, I can only do about 1200 yards, all short distance, long intervals. That's not going to cut it for the 400IM and 200 fly I entered. Should I throw in the towel now? I have exactly one month. I might be better by then, but what the heck can I possibly do to prepare and not go backwards? I had been excited about for once having heats with people near my speed, and a reason to wear a tech suit. Now I'm thinking I don't want to look at the board and see times 25+ seconds slower than my seeds. Anybody else have experience with this situation or suggestions? I'm quite frustrated and depressed.
  • I'm also recovery from mild pneumonia, unfortunately at the worst time, getting ready for national senior games. Been out of the pool two solid weeks, but now trying to do some swimming to assess if I have any chance of going to this competition. The cough gets me as does the fatigue. My inhaler helps with the cough, but the fatigue is still there. Using cough and fatigue as a guide, I can only do about 1200 yards, all short distance, long intervals. That's not going to cut it for the 400IM and 200 fly I entered. Should I throw in the towel now? I have exactly one month. I might be better by then, but what the heck can I possibly do to prepare and not go backwards? I had been excited about for once having heats with people near my speed, and a reason to wear a tech suit. Now I'm thinking I don't want to look at the board and see times 25+ seconds slower than my seeds. Anybody else have experience with this situation or suggestions? I'm quite frustrated and depressed.
Children
No Data