DQ rules re losing suit upon diving in or during race???

Can one be DQ'd at a USMS sanctioned meet if your suit falls off upon diving in and you find yourself nude? Or if it starts to slide down, down, down during a race until, oops! it's off? I know my options if my suit were to malfunction during a race and I wished to continue would be to (a) stop in the middle as long as I didn't touch the lane lines or put my feet on the bottom of the pool, or (b) stop at a wall and do all adjustments there. But if it plumb came off, would I get DQ'd? Curious, here. You never can predict a race. Izzy I'm trying to post a poll but may not be able to figure out how, re suit malfunctions.
Parents
  • Not quite sure what race and where, as my attention wasn't on that detail.Well known suit splits: Nathan Adrian - 2012 Indianapolis Grand Prix – 1st place 100 free 48.62 Ricky Berens - 2009 World Championships, Rome – split 48.19 on qualifying 400 free relay Flavia Zoccari's 2009 Mediterranean Games, Italy – DQ’ed for inappropriate swimwear not allowed to swim
  • Not quite sure what race and where, as my attention wasn't on that detail.Well known suit splits: Nathan Adrian - 2012 Indianapolis Grand Prix – 1st place 100 free 48.62 Ricky Berens - 2009 World Championships, Rome – split 48.19 on qualifying 400 free relay Flavia Zoccari's 2009 Mediterranean Games, Italy – DQ’ed for inappropriate swimwear not allowed to swim
Children
No Data