DQ rules re losing suit upon diving in or during race???

Can one be DQ'd at a USMS sanctioned meet if your suit falls off upon diving in and you find yourself nude? Or if it starts to slide down, down, down during a race until, oops! it's off? I know my options if my suit were to malfunction during a race and I wished to continue would be to (a) stop in the middle as long as I didn't touch the lane lines or put my feet on the bottom of the pool, or (b) stop at a wall and do all adjustments there. But if it plumb came off, would I get DQ'd? Curious, here. You never can predict a race. Izzy I'm trying to post a poll but may not be able to figure out how, re suit malfunctions.
Parents
  • ditto threelilbears, I'm usually a lurker too but somehow this thread called out to me. More dramatic than Nathan Adrian's suit mishap was Ricky Berens suit splitting all the way down his back. It was when they first started gluing the seams instead of stitching them. He too still swam the whole race. Ladies this one's worth googling. As to the original question, if you're a girl it would be a little hard for a suit to fall all the way off, and if you're worried your suit might do this, I'd probably buy a tighter suit.
  • ditto threelilbears, I'm usually a lurker too but somehow this thread called out to me. More dramatic than Nathan Adrian's suit mishap was Ricky Berens suit splitting all the way down his back. It was when they first started gluing the seams instead of stitching them. He too still swam the whole race. Ladies this one's worth googling. As to the original question, if you're a girl it would be a little hard for a suit to fall all the way off, and if you're worried your suit might do this, I'd probably buy a tighter suit.
Children
No Data