What age did you put your child in swimming lessons?

Former Member
Former Member
I personally feel like you can start teaching basic swimming concepts at home starting from infancy to age 3. 3 years old I think is the perfect time to introduce traditional swimming lessons. Do you guys teach your own children, or use an outside company (YMCA, local program, etc..)? What age did you start your child in swimming lessons?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Mom and Dad 'lessons' (for my kids) were just an informal introduction to the water to simply get a general comfort level. Having fun, bouncing around and splashing were all part of the general orientation. Official organized lessons started at age 6 or 7 and went on until age 9. The Y has the whole guppy through shark progression which makes it fun as the children keep moving higher and higher up the ladder. Then came the swim team (for my youngest) at age 10.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Mom and Dad 'lessons' (for my kids) were just an informal introduction to the water to simply get a general comfort level. Having fun, bouncing around and splashing were all part of the general orientation. Official organized lessons started at age 6 or 7 and went on until age 9. The Y has the whole guppy through shark progression which makes it fun as the children keep moving higher and higher up the ladder. Then came the swim team (for my youngest) at age 10.
Children
No Data