What age did you put your child in swimming lessons?

Former Member
Former Member
I personally feel like you can start teaching basic swimming concepts at home starting from infancy to age 3. 3 years old I think is the perfect time to introduce traditional swimming lessons. Do you guys teach your own children, or use an outside company (YMCA, local program, etc..)? What age did you start your child in swimming lessons?
Parents
  • I don't remember not being able to swim, so I'd think the earlier you can get them comfortable in a pool or any water, for that matter, the better. I've seen some techniques where kids are taught right off the bat at a year or so, to roll over onto their backs to help them rescue themselves no matter if they fall in or not. IF they roll over, they learn to save themselves until they can get rescued or to the edge of a pool.
  • I don't remember not being able to swim, so I'd think the earlier you can get them comfortable in a pool or any water, for that matter, the better. I've seen some techniques where kids are taught right off the bat at a year or so, to roll over onto their backs to help them rescue themselves no matter if they fall in or not. IF they roll over, they learn to save themselves until they can get rescued or to the edge of a pool.
Children
No Data