What age did you put your child in swimming lessons?

Former Member
Former Member
I personally feel like you can start teaching basic swimming concepts at home starting from infancy to age 3. 3 years old I think is the perfect time to introduce traditional swimming lessons. Do you guys teach your own children, or use an outside company (YMCA, local program, etc..)? What age did you start your child in swimming lessons?
Parents
  • I started with water introduction at 6 months and worked with them through play for years after. both could swim independently at 4, no float devises and swam on the local country club swim team at age five for fun. after that my son swam USAS club at age 8 he is now 15 and still swimming competitively and my daughter who's ten swims with the competitve developmental program. Although she can swim all strokes well she has behavioral and learning disabilities that I feel it's better for her just to swim "swim team lite". And so far that where we are at, swimmming wise .
  • I started with water introduction at 6 months and worked with them through play for years after. both could swim independently at 4, no float devises and swam on the local country club swim team at age five for fun. after that my son swam USAS club at age 8 he is now 15 and still swimming competitively and my daughter who's ten swims with the competitve developmental program. Although she can swim all strokes well she has behavioral and learning disabilities that I feel it's better for her just to swim "swim team lite". And so far that where we are at, swimmming wise .
Children
No Data