Panic attack during hard swim set.

I have had 2 panic attacks this week during a hard swim set. Feel like I cannot get enough air. Feels awful. Please help.
  • OK, I am back. Cardiologist cleared me but sent me to Pulmonary doctor because my oxygen saturation went from 98 to 88%. Chest xray was clear. Pulmonary Doctor cleared me with flying colors and said he does not believe anything is wrong with my lungs. So.... Thank goodness pulmonary doctor swims and has sinus issues. Next stop will be ENT. Have had sinus issues forever which are only getting worse. I was very congested during my "panic attacks" but probably could not get air which made me panic. Congestion does get very thick and does accumulate in throat. Sometimes have to hack a lot to get throat cleared. Sounds gross. It is.
  • Good luck with the ENT. Let us know what you find out. Panic attacks are no fun, having had a few myself in the pool, but I'm not an experienced swimmer like you. I'm genetically predisposed, and didn't think I'd ever be able to even put my face in the water because I'm so claustrophobic.