Inguinal hernia - swimwear recommodation

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, I think I might have inguinal hernia, discovered it yesterday. It's basically a bump that sticks out located on my lower abdomen sometimes. It However, there is an important meet coming up next week, that I don't want to miss. I'm a bit worried that it might start to bulge out during a race. I thought that I might give those fancy racing swimwear a chance for compression. What swimwear gives the most compression? Never used them before, so I wonder how much compression they give?
Parents
  • Okay I know this may sound REALLY wierd, but have you considered covering it with a chunk of duct tape before you put your suit on to help it stay pushed in a bit? I've used that stuff for all kinds of strange things while adventure racing, so maybe this would work too. Suggest shaving the area before trying, though. LOL! It sticks for a long time.
  • Okay I know this may sound REALLY wierd, but have you considered covering it with a chunk of duct tape before you put your suit on to help it stay pushed in a bit? I've used that stuff for all kinds of strange things while adventure racing, so maybe this would work too. Suggest shaving the area before trying, though. LOL! It sticks for a long time.
Children
No Data