Increasing stroke rate and stopping overgliding

Former Member
Former Member
I know this is an old issue, but here goes. I am definitely overgliding - I am almost waiting for the recovering hand to enter the water before starting new stroke, much like the catch-up drill. My freestyle is slower than my breaststroke! How can I stop? It feels like a lose balance if I don't have a hand stretched out in front of me. Are there any simple things to concentrate on while swimming? (I don't feel confident in spending the money on the swimsmooth videos for overgliders.) Any tips? Thanks in anticipation
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Right, so I went for a swim tonight and it was nice to get those arms moving fast when doing the Tarzan. Firstly; does it put strain on the back? Certainly felt that way. Secondly; it is so different from my stroke that I can't see myself automatically incorporating it in to my stroke.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Right, so I went for a swim tonight and it was nice to get those arms moving fast when doing the Tarzan. Firstly; does it put strain on the back? Certainly felt that way. Secondly; it is so different from my stroke that I can't see myself automatically incorporating it in to my stroke.
Children
No Data