Swimming performance and mild anemia

Hope this doesn't sound too stupid a question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I recently discovered I have some issues with anemia. Can this help account for my recent poor race performances?
Parents
  • Do not be too quick to pathologize your condition. Some highly trained athletes develop so-called sports anemia, which is actually an indication of high fitness. Do you have a low resting heart beat? If so, you training may have increased your blood volume so you can circulate more blood with each beat. This increase is due to additional plasma. You still have normal red blood cells. Hemoglobin, etc. But it is diluted by the extra liquid. Good chance that your anemia is a pseudo anemia, not a disorder but a badge of being in superb cardiovascular shape.
  • Do not be too quick to pathologize your condition. Some highly trained athletes develop so-called sports anemia, which is actually an indication of high fitness. Do you have a low resting heart beat? If so, you training may have increased your blood volume so you can circulate more blood with each beat. This increase is due to additional plasma. You still have normal red blood cells. Hemoglobin, etc. But it is diluted by the extra liquid. Good chance that your anemia is a pseudo anemia, not a disorder but a badge of being in superb cardiovascular shape.
Children
No Data