Swimming performance and mild anemia

Hope this doesn't sound too stupid a question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I recently discovered I have some issues with anemia. Can this help account for my recent poor race performances?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Hope this doesn't sound too stupid a question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I recently discovered I have some issues with anemia. Can this help account for my recent poor race performances? Yes, without a doubt. I get one of these cases every year I'd say, off about 80 athletes. I'd even go as far as stating that if you sit close to the minimal values, this too might not be enough. Have you given blood lately?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Hope this doesn't sound too stupid a question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I recently discovered I have some issues with anemia. Can this help account for my recent poor race performances? Yes, without a doubt. I get one of these cases every year I'd say, off about 80 athletes. I'd even go as far as stating that if you sit close to the minimal values, this too might not be enough. Have you given blood lately?
Children
No Data