Training then Accident

Former Member
Former Member
I went to Mexico Jan 25th for a two week training period in a 30 meter pool to get ready to swim in the master meets in Canada. I did 40 lengths the first day and the second day. The third day I did 20 laps and started helping little Mexican kids with their swim strokes. I did 12 more laps then got out of the pool went to the bar and got two margaritas. One for me and one for my wife Chuckie. We were heading back to our room intending to return to the pool to swim another 30 laps. As I approached the the exit to the pool to head to our room the fathers of the kids I was teaching came over to thank me. They distracted me and one of the fathers bumped into me I fell and broke my fimur close to the ball joint. Lost both of the margaritas. Went to an emergency hospital in Manzanillo Mexico. Stayed 5 days there before they flew me home to to a hospital in Vancouver. Next morning Feb 3rd in Vancouver I was operated on and had a right bipolar hemi arthroplasty (a partial hip replacement a titaniam ball inserted in the hip). The surgeon will see me march 11 to see when I can get back in the pool.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Took physio on this past Monday they said I was in the top 20 of 100 in recovery. My doc said on paper I am 80 years old. In real life I am 70 the doc was amazed at my recovery.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Took physio on this past Monday they said I was in the top 20 of 100 in recovery. My doc said on paper I am 80 years old. In real life I am 70 the doc was amazed at my recovery.
Children
No Data