Training for the 200 ***

I need some advice on how to train for the 200 Yard Breaststroke. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • Ande, I work out with a coach 2 evenings a week, we do about 2600 yards in an hour. We do mostly freestyle, but sometimes through in some stroke work. I also try to swim 3-4 other times a week. I find it harder to hit 2600 training on my own. I've had numerous sessions over the years with Roque Santos and also a couple with Glenn Mills (I had the pleasure of photographing his wedding 2.5 years ago) My times are pretty pathetic these days. Way back when after instructions with Roque Santos I did a 1:11 in the 100 *** at S.C. Nationals in Seattle, but I was 37 then. I'm now 53 and the last 100 yard race 3 years ago was a horrible 1:18. My last 200 was the same year and was a 3:02 (with virtually no training). I'm thinking that with age I've lost my spark. I think my fast twitch muscles don't want to twitch.
  • Ande, I work out with a coach 2 evenings a week, we do about 2600 yards in an hour. We do mostly freestyle, but sometimes through in some stroke work. I also try to swim 3-4 other times a week. I find it harder to hit 2600 training on my own. I've had numerous sessions over the years with Roque Santos and also a couple with Glenn Mills (I had the pleasure of photographing his wedding 2.5 years ago) My times are pretty pathetic these days. Way back when after instructions with Roque Santos I did a 1:11 in the 100 *** at S.C. Nationals in Seattle, but I was 37 then. I'm now 53 and the last 100 yard race 3 years ago was a horrible 1:18. My last 200 was the same year and was a 3:02 (with virtually no training). I'm thinking that with age I've lost my spark. I think my fast twitch muscles don't want to twitch.
Children
No Data