Do you wear earplugs when you swim?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello everyone, I am curious to know who here wears earplugs when they go swimming. I only ask because I have to wear an earplug in my right ear when I go swimming, and it is probably the most annoying and frustrating thing that I have to use. I am a college student from Houston, Texas, and I have had minor hearing impairment for pretty much my whole life. I have been wearing hearing aids for several years now. Whenever I go swimming I have to put a big blue earplug in my right ear to keep the ear canal dry. The only problem is, after I put the earplug in, I have an extremely difficult time hearing anyone in the pool! I find it amazing that, while there are now "waterproof hearing aids", there don't seem to be any reliable options that act as both a sound amplifier and an earplug. In fact, I don't know of any options. For several weeks I have been thinking over these frustrations. I have always been driven to solve my own problems, and so I have been looking into developing a device that could provide the solution that I, and many others I believe, need. Namely, a waterproof earplug that amplifies sound. Do you have this problem? Do you wish that there was a viable solution? Could you use some sort of device similar to the one described above? I would love to hear your experiences with earplugs and swimming, and what you think of this idea. - Liam M.