Facility Rental Fees

Former Member
Former Member
A nearby team wants to rent my pool for 8 months while their pool is down for renovation/construction. My high school pool is: 6 lanes 25yd 9' - 3.45' deep 81 degrees What would you charge the team? and How? By the hour? By the month?
  • It depends a lot by area. In the Baltimore DC area talking to other coaches it is $10 to $20 per lane per hour, IF you can get it, and most of the time you can't get it. I remember at the Coaches certification class here, Scott Bay put a sample budget up and he had $5 per lane per hour and at break we were discussing how none of us get anywhere close to that.
  • For special events, our pool rental rate is $75/hour. That price includes at least 3 lifeguards (2 on deck).
  • I'm pretty sure my team rents by the lane per hour (unsure of the rate though). So if they wanted 6 lanes for an hour at $5/hour every day, it'd be $30/day for that hour, full pool rental. Edited... I don't know our hourly rate. Was just giving an example of how we do that.
  • Wow, we pay approx $100 an hour for pool time in the UK :eek: Same in Seattle. The rental for Seattle pools (short course, 6 lanes) is $81/hr to rent the pool plus staffing ($25/hr per lifeguard). $30 per hour to rent a pool seems ridiculously cheap.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I'm pretty sure my team rents by the lane per hour (unsure of the rate though). So if they wanted 6 lanes for an hour every day, it'd be $30/day for that hour, full pool rental. Wow, we pay approx $100 an hour for pool time in the UK :eek:
  • When we have to rent pool space (our USAS team) it costs us $15/hour per lane + $25/hour for lifeguards. This is a Myrtha pool, in excellent condition and wonderful water temperature. It is out of the way, or I'd swim there more often. The pool charged the same "rental fee" when we held a "Breaststroke 4 Hope" Event there in October.
  • One of the places my masters team rents charges $21/hour/lane. Of course, we're in the DC area, so maybe that's why it's so high? I think that covers lifeguards, although we're not the only thing going during that time, so it's not like the lifeguards are there only for us.